Pamela crisis update

pkc pkc at mac.com
Sun Aug 1 19:06:32 EDT 2004

Hello all, thanks to those of you who've written
to help. As I said in my last message, I have
posted the stack file and the .exe file to my
iDisk public folder:  pkc (no password).  Any
comments or hints appreciated.

--------

I followed Mark Wieder's advice and opened the
stack file with a text editor. I don't understand
all the white space, but other than that it all
looks pretty normal.  I just mean that is my code
in there, and I assume those are my images.

--------

I also opened the .exe file.  It has all the same
stuff in it BUT starts with this line:

"MZê         ½       @                                   ¯   † ¥
	Õ!½LÕ!This program cannot be run in DOS
mode."

Does this mean me? If I am building for Windows,
am I trying to run in DOS mode? (I have the
impression yes, since Windows 98 seems to be
running in the monitoring/correction substrate).
Why wouldn't a Revolution build for WIndows run
in DOS mode?  Can I just throw that line away
somehow?

---------
Also, getting into the text-only mania, I opened
the .exe.zip file.   Didn't see anything humanly
readable in there.