Erratic drawers - OS X

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Mon Apr 26 06:24:44 EDT 2004

I am seeing erratic behaviour with drawers.

First one:
Create a stack with a menubar. Create a substack of it. Add a button to
the main stack to show the substack as a drawer (at bottom, if it
matters).

When you press the button to show the drawer (a problem in itself as
discussed below) then the menubar switches to the stack menus. The Rev
IDE menus can be restored by selecting the Pointer tool, but the
behaviour seems strange in any event. Anyone seen this or have an
explanation?

Second one:
Using the "drawer" command and "hide" or "close" to close the drawer
does not seem to work as advertised. To slide out the drawer for the
first time requires additional code to show the stack and to maintain
normal open/close after that requires some other code as indicated by
the script from a test stack below. Without the elaboration of the
property, the position can arise (without a precise recipe yet) where
the drawer simply will not appear.

on mouseUp
   get the propLocOn of stack "Locations" -- set to 0 on openStack
   switch it
   case 0
     drawer stack "Locations" at bottom
     show stack "Locations"
     set the propLocOn of stack "Locations" to 2
     break
   case 1
     show stack "locations"
     if the visible of stack "Locations" then
       set the propLocOn of stack "Locations" to 2
     else
       set the propLocOn of stack "Locations" to 0
     end if
     break
   case 2
     hide stack "locations"
     set the propLocOn of stack "Locations" to 1
     break
   end switch
end mouseUp

I have already buzilla'd the first problem but will delete if someone
has a good explanation.

thanks
David