Runrev cgi and Webhosting providers

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Sun Apr 25 11:42:34 EDT 2004

On Apr 24, 2004, at 2:49 PM, jbv wrote:
> However, I'm really curious to know whether they'll allow
> you to install more "exotic" engines, such as Rev, Python, etc.
> And also curious to know what happens if your custom cgi
> crashes the server and all the other websites hosted on it...

I tried running the mc cgi on my server last night but the required X
libraries were missing.  I tried downloading some compiled versions of
the .so libraries but they did not work (possibly compiled on a
different architecture then the pair server is running).  Pair support
said they don't support things that link to X or X libraries so I would
have to compile them myself I guess.  Does anyone know why the engine
links to these libraries?  What does it do exactly?  My only experience
with X is for graphical interface.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia