Copying .app file and preserving icon

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Sat Apr 24 23:25:56 EDT 2004

I want to have my Revolution application copy a standalone .app file from
the defaultFolder to the user's desktop in Mac OS X.  I'm close, but
something's up - - - after I copy it using the revCopyFolder command, the app is
rendered useless.
Basically, the application copies to the desktop (where I wanted it to, but
it shows up as a blank text document icon.)  It is the correct file size  and
correct name.  It is no longer an app, however, and is unusable when  you
click on it.
I'm using the following:
put specialFolderPath("desktop") & "/MyProgram.app" into  destinationplace
revCopyFolder "MyProgram.app", destinationplace
Not that it should matter, but the .app file is an Applescript "standalone"
app.
I tried copying this .app using revCopyFile and revCopyFolder (I'm assuming
I'd use folder, since .app files are actually  folders.)