Start Using Question

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Apr 24 12:33:53 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I have this on the Stack Script:

on openStack

[pass open Stack]
put the filename of this stack into myStackFileName

start using stack myStackFileName
[pass openStack]
end openStack

When this executes I get an error saying this is no such stack. the
lines inside the [] are lines that I tried in an effort to get it to
work, but I but get the error. If I put the same script inside a
button handler is works ok.

I am loading substacks independantly with code like this:

put the filename of this stack into myStackFileName
set itemdelimiter to "/"
put empty into last item of myStackFileName
put myStackFileName & "StackFile.rev" into  myStackFileName

go to stack myStackFileName

or
modal stack myStackFileName

But I want the Stack I am moving to have access to the Stack Script
of the calling script.

In this case it's a test and I can put the "start using" in the
button handler, but in the real app there will be no button and I
just want to move directly to another Stack without any user
intervention.

So, my questions,

should this work in the openStack Handler? If so what I am doing wrong?

If not, where do I put these commands? I just want other stacks to
have access to functions in the StackScript.

Thanks a lot
Dave