index library

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Apr 23 12:06:37 EDT 2004

Howdy,

> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:13:57 EDT
> From: Meitnik at aol.com
> Subject: Re: index library
>

> In a message dated 04/19/2004 01:02:06 AM,
> use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:
>

>> I haven't heard the term before. What is an 'indexing library'?

> -- a library of code for doing indexing text data for searching and
> hypertexting of words in a large text corpus. I can find several such
> libraries on web,
> but in languages that dont port well to transcript (ie, needing pointers and
> multidim arrays. sigh). I would gladly work with anybody wanting to do one.
----------
Pretty foreign territory for me. I'm afraid I still don't quite undestand
exactly what the purpose would be in your case.

I will someday need to build some multidim arrays for an AI bot that helps
motor/speech/vision impaired users decide on controller and feedback
options, pick out words and phrases, guide them through developing skills in
music, art, and the written word (using ordinary inexpensive and refurbished
computers) from expandable libraries, by learning their abilities and
desires over time.

Like that?

In fact, I'm thinking in terms of network sharing with this stuff in
realtime. There could be ways of sharing efforts among such people,
especially kids, where developing skills in one can replace deficits in
another and visa versa, until you have a connected group that can produce
plays, video, music, run automated T-shirt shops, signage...almost
unlimited.

Therefore, I _think_ I might be interested in what you're doing, albeit a
wee bit over my head right now ;-), so please stay in touch. Building
quickly and easily updatable and customizeable models in a venue like Rev
and Transcript could be a distinct advantage, but we definitely need to know
how to make arrays work efficiently.

Ken N.