How do I Create a Custom Property, part 19,214,651

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 21 14:07:12 EDT 2004

>>Here is sample code to demonstrate:
>>
>>on mouseUp
>>   put empty into myLineList
>>
>>   put myLineList & "Line1" & return into myLineList
>>   put the number of lines in myLineList into myLineCount
>>
>>   put myLineList & "Line2" & return into myLineList
>>   put the number of lines in myLineList into myLineCount
>>
>>   put myLineList & "Line1" & return into myLineList
>>   put the number of lines in myLineList into myLineCount
>>
>>   if line 1 of myLineList = line 3 of myLineList then
>>     beep
>>   end if
>>end mouseUp
>
>Will beep and have 3 (?) in myLineCount...

Yes!

>This is very strange!!!

To you maybe, but to me it's as it should be!

>I put myLineList into a field and set its listbehaviour to true...
>
>Guess what!
>You can select an empty line 4!!!

If this isn't the desired action, then just strip off the terminating
CR of the last line in the FIELD. Seems way better to just do the
test once when moving into a field rather than every time you need to
append a line to the list.

However, this seems buggy to me. If the line count is returned as 3,
then 3 lines should be transfered, no?

Happy Coding
Dave