Execution from web-?possible

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Apr 21 06:28:07 EDT 2004

These links work for me, also if links do function is not a very good
test if a stack is a stack, if it opens up in RunRev, then it is a
stack.

On your question about running stacks remotely there are certain things
you can do:

Run a stack using cgi:
1. A stack can be run and controlled on a server via CGI.
That means that you can access the data. BUT you cannot view the stack
and use the gui. CGI's are complex, but there are simpler alternatives,
like for example the ServerWorkz library (
http://home.soapdog.org:8081/ ) You need full control of the server to
do something like this.
2. A stack can be loaded by a RunRev executable with the internet
library.
so you can run stacks that are on a server like normal stacks. To do
this you only need to use this command in your executable (or the
messagebox):
go stack url "http://www.url.to/yourstack"

You can't do:
Run a executable with user interface (gui) on a remote server without
an appropriate program (i.e. this:
http://www.netopia.com/software/products/tb2/ )