Disappearing (Euro) Dollars

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Apr 20 12:42:32 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I have a text file containing the Euro currency symbol.  I'd like to
tell you what that character is; however, if I copy it from the text
file and paste in in the Message Box:

	put charToNum("[my pasted character]")

the Message Box changes to

	put charToNum(" [numToChar(172)]")

and the result is 32.

I can paste the character in a field; but if I "put field [field with
character] into field [some other field]", my Euro symbol is gone.

OTOH, if I "set the htmlText of field [some other field] to the
htmlText of field  [field with character]", the symbol is retained.

What's this all about?  Has it been Bugzilled?

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company
http://www.oenolog.net/who.htm