not every text file a text file?

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Mon Apr 19 23:35:27 EDT 2004

Dave Cragg wrote:

>I can read text files created by Nisus Writer Express in both Rev
>2.1.2 and 2.2.

This is very encouraging and I am most curious to know how you manage to
do this. I am able to read text files created by AbiWord, AppleWorks and
MS Word but NWE files continue to elude Revolution's detection. (The
names of these files do not contain any special characters.)

I've tested the following ways of encoding the NWE file (the file format
is uniformly "Text"):

     Automatic
     UTF-8
     ASCII
     Unicode
     Western (Mac OS Roman)

Nothing works. How do you save your files?

Thanks in advance,
Fritz