Really Weird Happenings using RunRev 2.2 on MacOS Classic

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Apr 17 10:58:36 EDT 2004

Hi,

Here are some problems and weirdness I found using RunRev 2.2 On Mac OS 9.2.2.

1.  When saving my .rev file under RR 2.2, it loses it's file type
and creator. The only way to get the file back so you can drag and
drop it onto the RR 2.2 icon and have it open correctly is to open
via the open menu in RR 2.1.2, save it again. You can then Drag and
Drop the file onto the RR 2.2 (or 2.1.2) icon and it iwll open in the
IDE.

2.  Since saving the .rev files with RR 2.2, when I double-click
them, they launch an App called MasOS FAT... Which usually results in
having to restart the OS, since there is no Quit Meni Item and it
doesn't respond to Command+Q or Command+W and Command+Option+Escape
causes a crash anyway!

I have also found some problems saving .rev files under MacOS X and
then opening them under MacOS 9 (or vice-versa), but I haven't
isolated the exactly what is happening yet, so will leave it until
later.

All the Best
Dave