Using a card for printing reports

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Apr 15 19:21:30 EDT 2004

At 5:11 PM -0400 4/15/2004, Bill wrote:
>I am now trying to figure out
>which format is the best for both print speed and quality. I am exporting
>the forms from acrobat in tiff, jpeg, gif, and then trying them in RunRev
>for print quality and speed of printing (postscript would sure be the way to
>go!).

I don't think there'll be any difference in speed between the three -
they're all bitmap formats, and I believe the printer driver does the
same amount of work for any of them. (But if they're not photographic
or continuous-color, I think GIF is your best bet for quality and
small size.)

If these are typical form elements, though - boxes, lines, and so on
- I'd suggest trying them as graphics instead. You can draw graphics
directly onto a card using the tools, and they will print at full
resolution.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com