SC, Rev,and RB speed test

Chris Yavelow Chris at yav.com
Thu Apr 15 00:50:53 EDT 2004

I'm conducting an informal speed test comparing identical projects in
SuperCard (4.1.2), Revolution (2.2), and RealBasic (5.5.1). The
projects match 3,000 short phrases against an 81,920 word text. There
has already been some feedback and these simple projects are now
running even faster. Each one is only a dozen lines of code.

Here are the current statistics:

RealBasic -- 234 ticks
Revolution -- 1120 ticks
SuperCard -- 1889 ticks

I've set up a page for downloading the sample projects, if you'd like
to try to tweak them to run faster. The object is not the fewest
lines of code, it is to create the fastest code (without xfcns or
xcmds, etc.). You can inspect the latest version of the code there as
well, and see the latest speed results (in ticks).

Here is the URL:  http://www.yav.com/speed.html

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Chris Yavelow