Panic with incorporation of tx and REV 2.2

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Apr 10 06:48:08 EDT 2004

Bon jour Yves,

> Le 10 avr. 04, à 08:31, Yves COPPE a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> I'm in a great panic :
>> Since Rev 2.2 on MAC OS X 10.3.3, my script doesn't run :
>>  answer file "Choisissez un courrier"
>>   if (it = "") or (the result = "cancel") then
>>     exit to top
>>   end if
>>   put it into tfilename
>>   put URL("file:"&tfilename) into tx
>>
>> the variable "tx" is empty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> what happens ??????
>> Please help
>> Formerly, with all the versions of Rev I had no problems...
>> Greetings.
>
> I found a big problem :
>
> when the pathway contains a folder with a diacritical character, then
> the variable "tx" is empty or contains de pathway
>
> /users/<myname>/desktop/<txfile>   : OK
> /users/<myname>/éléments/<txfile> : nothing....
>
> what to do ????
>
> thank you for rapid help !
>
> Greetings.
>
> Yves COPPE
> yvescoppe at skynet.be

Confirmed!

Looks like the handling of paths with umlauts/diacriticals is still
screwed up in Rev on OS X :-(
Merde alors!!!

I created a folder on my desktop called "été" and put an image in it...

This is what i get with "ask file xxx;put it"

/Users/klaus/Desktop/eÃÅteÃÅ/mess_path2.gif

And this will also be in the "Inspector"-field when i set the filenname
of an image to that file...

But i can script:
set the filename of img 1 to
"/Users/klaus/Desktop/eÃÅteÃÅ/mess_path2.gif"

OR

set the filename of img 1 to "/Users/klaus/Desktop/été/mess_path2.gif"
without problems...

In the latter case, the filename-field in the Inspector will contain
the diacritical characters!?

put url"binfile:/Users/klaus/Desktop/été/mess_path2.gif" into img 1

-> can't open file

What gives???
Deeeep sigh...

Regards