A beginner's journey

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 9 11:24:33 EDT 2004

On Friday, April 9, 2004, at 02:26  AM, Norman Winn wrote:

> If it is acceptable to the list I'd like to provide feedback of my
> learning experience. I ask in this way as, being a reasonably
> experienced programmer, much of my report will seem like criticism of
> what, to many of you, will be your favourite tool.  I hope the
> criticism is perceived as constructive. Here goes.

Norman,

I found your post interesting as to viewing into the way your mind
works, briefly. When I started looking at RR I wanted to know if RR
could parse strings fast enough for problems I was trying to solve. For
me it was a matter of solving problems. Much of what programing is
involves finding solutions to problems that come up. You must be a
Teacher, Tech-Writer, Editor, or something like that kind. We rarely
see these kinds of posts on this list as most people are interested in
getting something to work. Your comments can only serve to improve the
quality of the product. There is a separate list, Improvements to
Revolution, that you might find interesting as well.

Mark