Write-to-File script?

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 10:37:12 EDT 2004

>Help!
>Have converted a Hcard stack database where I use extensively a
>Write-to-File script to create a text file of the data base.  I then convert
>the text file to an Excel spreadsheet where I can do further analysis,
>etc.
>
>I cannot seem to get the scripting language in Rev. to create the file,
>put text in it, then send the file to a specific location (folder) on my hard
>drive.
>
>The folder is four layers down: Hard Disk/Projects/Financials/Accounts

First you need a script extractor that organizes the scripts in a format you
like. There are several, but one is available at <A
HREF="http://www.FlexibleLearning.com/xtalk.htm">www.FlexibleLearning.com/xtalk.htm</A>

Second you need to save to a destination file, as in put myVar into url
("file:" & tDestPath)

To tie the two together...

put getMyScript() into tScript -- run the extractor and return the info
answer file "Where do you want to save this?"
if it is empty then exit to top
put it into tDestPath
put tScript into url ("file:" & tDestPath)

HTH

/H