Relative Paths

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Apr 7 23:12:07 EDT 2004

> I'm willing to try it the recommended way, if Rev will just explain it.
>
> This is what I've inferred so far from the clues.
>
> 1.  The relationship among stacks and externals is static and fixed at
> standalone build time.
> 2.  That relationship is specified by the stackFiles and externals in
> the stacks and substacks.
> 3.  One stack is put into the app and all other stacks are placed
> relative to the core excutable
>      based on stackFiles of all stack recursively found, folders built
> as needed.
> 4.  All externals are static.  The externals property of all stacks are
>      adjusted so that all externals go in one place.  When the app is
> built,
>      externals must be in the same folder as the model revolution app,
> depending
>      on the target platform.
> 5.  The final product is either a bundle for OS X or a collection of
> files for
>      others.

Very close. I think you are off track with the externals property though. We
don't mess with your externals property settings. It's the rev externals
that are placed in the one externals folder (revXML, revDB etc). Your own
externals can be copied over by referencing them in the copy files screen.
This also uses relative paths so if you have a well structured development
folder you should have no problems.

Cheers

Monte