CGI failure Intermittent -- "Can't Open File"

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Apr 7 22:24:55 EDT 2004

On Apr 7, 2004, at 12:42 PM, Brian Yennie wrote:

>> repeat while length(tIncomingData) >= $CONTENT_LENGTH
>>    read from stdin for $CONTENT_LENGTH
>>    put it after tIncomingData
>> end repeat
>
> I dunno if this is an email typo, but you want "<" in the above, so
> that it will loop _until_ you have $CONTENT_LENGTH bytes- as is, it's
> not going to execute at all...

good catch, but still no mango... I live in Hawaii  ;-)

in fact the above give worse results... doesn't send no file written
and nothing sent back out to stand out

right... I fixed it, still no go on OSX server running Revolution
Darwin Engine  2.1.2

I moved all scripts and some test directories to a solaris server in
Honolulu... using an old version of metacard engine as interpreter for
the post, which is come from a REV 2.2. app... everything works fine...

so, now it has to be

a) problem with Apache on OSX server
b) problem with Revolution Darwin engine on OSX server
c) Problem with the OSX file system itself?

sometimes the CGI does get data in the pipe from the POST and sometimes
it is simply fired, but no data comes into stdIn at all....

Very difficult to debug..

help!

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications