How do I use a Tabbed Button???

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Apr 4 14:26:06 EDT 2004

Hi,

Sorry, it is difficult to explain, I'll try harder:

I have a number of "Tabs". When the user presses a Tab, I want the
controls under that "Tab" to be displayed and the ones on the old Tab
to disapear. So when the stack is first launched I want "Tab 1" to be
displayed which contains (say) a couple of PopUp menus and some check
boxes. When "Tab 2" is selected, I want the PopUps and Check Boxes in
"Tab 1" to disapear and the controls defined for "Tab 2" to be
displayed (maybe some Raidio Buttons and Text Fields").

Then as a purely visual thing, within each "Tab" I want to group
together (just visually) certain controls. I'd like to be able to
display a rectangle around each group with the title for that grouped
displayed in the top line, like this:

+---Tab1 Group1--------------------------+
|    PopUp1 CheckBox  CheckBox           |

+---Tab1 Group2--------------------------+
|    Radio1 Radio2  Text CheckBox        |

Then the same for Tab2, Tab3, Tab4 etc.

The kind of action I am looking for is like the Project Inspector
Window in the CodeWarrior IDE. When you click the "Arrributes" Tab
you see the controls for that Tab and the screen is visually split
into three groups, when you click the "Targets" tab the display
switches to the controls for that Tab.

Maybe this isn't the right control for doing this??

Thanks for you help, I am playing around with your code now.

All the Best
Dave