delete url calls url

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sun Apr 4 05:54:41 EDT 2004

> Calling "delete url <url>" will call the url.  This is not intuitive
> (or necessary) and in my case helps to explain why queries from my
> application to a php script that generated emails were generating
> multiple email messages.  I was thrown off the track for a long time
> because php has a known issue with the php mail() command which can
> cause it to send multiple messages.

I'm guessing what you are finding confusing is you don't want to
"delete" over http protocol.
What are you actually trying to delete? The CGI file itself? If so, I
think you want FTP, not HTTP. Or, if it's local, plain ol' FILE.

I suppose there _is_ a delete request method for HTTP, but that would
still rely on your CGI script to do the actual deleting and/or
dangerous server permissions...

HTH,
Brian