fh and tracing

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Apr 2 00:28:16 EST 2004

On 3/31/04 10:19 PM, "Meitnik at aol.com" <Meitnik at aol.com> wrote:

>> I'm
>> familiar with Freehand's autotrace tool, but in my experience this usually
>> rounds out edges making for slightly distorted looking linework.
>> -- contact me off list. I might be able to help. Tracing was my baby when I
>> was testing fh 3./fog 4. at Altsys.

That's pretty cool.  I'm very much a Freehand guy.  In any event, I have
never been able to accomplish pixel level accuracy when tracing a bitmap.
In other words, if I use a 72DPI image where you can see the jagged edges of
a curve or whatever, Freehand always seems to want to "help" by smoothing
out the jagged edges, regardless of the "tight" etc settings.  On the other
hand, the autotrace tool in SuperCard used to trace a bitmap exactly, down
to the jagged curves.  If you have any suggestions for getting Freehand to
trace bitmaps this way, I would dig on knowing how to do it.

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Development & Design