Problems with 2.2RC1 Files?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Apr 1 15:41:57 EST 2004

OK, very helpful... yes. turns out the problems (2) have nothing to do
with Rev at all, the second one, which you noted is  a Mac OS issue,
and the other one is A windows issue.

First problem was a collusion between myself and Windows: Incredible as
it may seem for an OS backed by a multi-billion dollar corp... I made a
small error in my html file " a href="audio_transcriber.rev"  but, the
actual file is

"audio_transcriber.rev.zip"

OK, so... Internet explorer, instead of giving back a 404 which it
should... ignores the fact that my html anchor is missing the .zip
extension and proceeds to download:

"audio_transcriber.rev.zip"

Which, one  could consider helpful... BUT!

saves it to disk as

"audio_transcriber.rev"   !!

Of course my player won't open it... it's still a compressed file, but
the Windows OS doesn't know it... as they say in Tamil "Aiyo~!"
(exasperation...) and on XP there doesn't seem to be any indication
that this is a zipped file... I only intuited this and told my beta man
on the Windows side "try renaming and add .zip the the existing file
name" which he did, viola! XP now understands "oh, this is a zip file"
changes the icon... after decompression the stack runs just fine under
2.2.RC1 standalone..

case closed, rev is fine...

The Department of Homeland Security made the right decision to go with
Macs..

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery