How to save a QT movie? - any opinions?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Sep 17 11:43:00 EDT 2003

Hi Barry,

> I have a stack with a QT Player object. The object references an
> on-disk movie
> of the user's choosing. The user can move the controller to shift back
> and forth
> through the movie. There are buttons to set "in" and "out" points.
> Once I have
> this data, can I save a copy of the movie from the "in" point to the
> "out" point?

No need to save a copy :-)

You can "get the starttime of player x" to get the in-point in the movie
and "get the endtime of player x" to get the out-point and then save
this somwhow ;-)

Then again you can set the start- and endtime of that player again and:

set the starttime of player x to yyy
set the endtime of player x to zzz
set the playselection of player x to true
start player x

Check this in the dox:

starttime
endtime
playselection

> I can import the movie as a videoclip if necessary.

Not necessary :-)

Unfortunately saving (parts of) movies from RR is not yet possible...
(Except copying/renaming/deleting that movie-file ;-)

Hope that helps...

> Thanks,
> Barry

Regards