[ANN] MLXEditor - runrev plugin for script editing with ANY external editor app

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Sep 12 13:34:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 11:56  AM, Alex Rice wrote:
> On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 08:05  AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:
>>
>> This is very cool.  I use BBEdit for all of my other editing (PHP,
>> QScript, ActionScript, etc.) and now I can use it for transcript too.
>>  I just modified your textedit example to launch BBEdit:
>>
>> put "%s" into tTmpFile
>> put "open -a " & quote & "/Applications/Document Editors/BBEdit
>> 7.0/BBEdit.app" & quote && quote & tTmpFile & quote into tCmd
>> get shell(tCmd)
>
> OK I'll add it to the recipes popup.

Maybe make a note that other people's BBEdit installations might be in
a different place.

>> I have been wanting something like this for Rev for quite some time.
>> You get used to how your favorite editor works and it can be painful
>> when you have to use others.
>> Now to figure out color coding for BBEdit...
>
> That's going to be the tricky part: getting code editors to deal with
> xtalk because it's so different from C, Java, Perl, etc. which most of
> editors support by default.
>
> If anyone wants a list of transcript keywords, let me know. I pulled
> it of the Transcript Dictionary I think.

The problem with BBEdit is you have write all this code to get syntax
coloring to work.  I wish it was more like UltraEdit on Windows which
allowed to to create text files that trigured color coding.  Oh well.
If you could send your list of keywords that would be great.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com