Metal & Menubar

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Thu Sep 11 13:00:15 EDT 2003

I may have found another bug in the OSX 2.1 Rev build.

When I create a stack and give it the "Metal" appearance, whatever
menubar I've defined for it (and checked "Set as menubar on MacOS")
appears in the stack window (like for Windows) at the moment I check
the "Metal" checkbox in the stack properties. I open Menu Builder and
find that the checkbox (for Macos menubar) is still check. I uncheck it
and then check it again and the menubar disappears from the stack
window. I save everything and compile. Result: The menubar is in the
stack window. Seems I have to uncheck the "Metal" appearance in order
to lose the menubar in the window.

Too bad. Personally, I love Metal. Is this an unreported bug?

Thanks,
Barry