I know this is newbie... it's about Arrays.

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Sep 8 22:46:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 09:16  PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> In the proccess of implementing XML-RPC in Revolution I decided to put
> all parameters inside an Array just to discover that I know nothing
> about arrays in Rev. I know they can have keyed items or numbered
> Items, thats all.

Arrays in Rev are like dictionary / shelf / hash / associative arrays
in other languages. If you need a sequential data structure I would
recommend using a chunk expression, like a newline separated list (this
is just my personal preference) instead of an array.

AFAIK you cannot do real integer indexing of items in Rev arrays. Your
an integer index is converted to a string and used as the key.
Consequently there is no insert or append function for arrays.

Chunk expressions are really convenient. This kind of thing

put tItem & comma after tList
put the number of items into tCount -- itemDelimiter is comma by default
put item 3 of tList into tLookup

> My Rev online documentation says to me: "Check About Arrays and
> Matrixes" but this article is non existant.

Bugzilla it as a docs problem! Here are a couple of starting points
though

1) All Documentation By Category | Values & Properties | containers,
variables and sources of value | (scroll 40% down) Array Variables. **

2) Transcript Dictionary, [] keyword

** If you do bugzilla it, also add a comment this topic doesn't exist:
"For more information about array variables, see the topic ``About
arrays and matrixes.`` "  Thanks :-)

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com