How to translate some default dialogs ?

Thierry Arbellot thierry.arbellot at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 8 08:15:01 EDT 2003

Actually, it's not a dummy folder, but the way OSX manages
multi-languages app.
For each language supported by the app, a folder - which name is the
language name - is created
and all translated resources are copied inside this folder.
You can have as many folders as you like in the same app.
OSX will use the default language you have defined in the system
preferences - international.
Even if the folder is empty - that means no resource was localized -
OSX will display at last the system messages, menus... in this language.

This feature is used by Apple app, like Mail and Safari.
You can open the packages to see how it's done.

Regards,

Thierry.