correction: shutDownRequest HANDLER fails to work

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Fri Sep 5 11:25:01 EDT 2003

Thierry,

I also tried putting the shutDownRequest handler in the main stack but
it is ignored completely. I ran more tests last night and found that
the only way the request is handled -past- the first time it is called
is to make the stack that contains the menu (and the handler) the
"main" stack in the distribution. I can't do this as this stack's data
must remain modifiable.

I'd be happy to send you the three stacks if you'd like to examine
them. So far, I can see nothing that would be causing this problem.
Could there be something in the way I have set up my menu? In other
words: My main stack (where the engine is attached) and the secondary
stack (a "sign-in" stack) have no menus. Only the third stack (the main
one from the user's perspective) has been given a menu. The
shutDownRequest handler is in that stack's stack script. It works the
first time it is called but it is ignored the second time; that app
just quits without the shutDownRequest handler executing.

Barry