Recursive Handlers/Functions

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Sep 4 11:13:10 EDT 2003

On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 09:31 AM, Geoff Canyon wrote:

> I'm coming late to the party (I haven't read everything in the
> directory walker thread) but this isn't recursive code:

Yeah.  He was showing a recursive-like alternative that avoided the
recursion problems.

BTW, I noticed that Tuviah (in response to size concerns and comments
in another thread) mentioned that he is adjusting the settings for the
build used in the release.  It might be that on some platforms the
current settings create a huge call overhead, maybe 40K per call.  Or
maybe something else is at work here.

Also, I hope it is clear that I think a non-recursion solution is
great; I just think the recursion version should be OK and if it is
hitting a recursion limit, something is wrong.

Dar Scott