Encrypted stack doesn't behave properly - oops; yes it does.

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Mon Sep 1 14:45:00 EDT 2003

Turns out my problem is the encryption of the stack. I was referring to
the names of image objects which, of course, are encrypted with you set
the password property to anything other than empty.

The encryption yields a host of problems. I was copying an image
(already in the stack) to the stack. Nope; can't do this as the stack
has become non-modifiable.

All of my code works fine as long as I don't have a password set -or-
set the passkey when I open the stack.

All I want to do is protect my code from view if someone tries to
examine my stacks with Rev or with TextEdit. How can I do this?
Obviously, this is not the application but a secondary stack (not sub-)
whose data gets altered and saved during runtime. I can't ask the user
to provide the password as I want to keep it a secret.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Barry

Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"

Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements,
Custom Programming for Mac/Windows/Linux/Solaris

On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer

Phone/VoiceMail: 915-581-1105
             Fax: 915-581-8167
           eMail: themacguy at macosx.com