Trapping The Keypad 'Clear' Key

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 03:33:09 EST 2003

sez igor at pixelmedia.com.au:
>On 30/10/2003, at 2:59 AM, Ken Ray wrote:
>> Trap the rawKeyDown or rawKeyUp message and look for 65407. I'm pretty
>> sure it's the same on all platforms, but haven't tested it yet.
>This is *precisely* what I'm concerned about, though: will this number
>be the same on ALL keyboards, and ALL PLATFORMS? Is this number based
>on some hardware standard that all manufacturers must adhere to, or
>will there be variations?
   Personally, I'd be very surprised if it *were* the same on ALL keyboards
and ALL platforms. I'd recommend that you decide which platforms you want to
support, create however-many custom property sets you need to contain all the
rawKey codes for the platforms you support, and select the appropriate custom
property set in your stack's "on startUp" handler.
   Hope this helps...