Scripting PDF files

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Oct 29 13:07:15 EST 2003

Thanks for all the suggestions for scripting PDF conversions. They each
have their advantages and I'm saving them all for future use.

Unfortunately, they all convert existing documents, and none of the
supported file formats provide for complex document structures. I have a
print layout stack with headers and footers, which remain static, and
variable body text in the middle. I need to print each page to a PDF
file with the headers and footers intact. The only way I can think of to
preserve header and footer spacing on the page, along with pagination,
is to intercept the printing outputs from Revolution just as the "Save
as PDF" option in the print dialog does.

Can anyone think of a way to preserve headers and footers on each page
while saving to PDF? I'm particularly stuck when I try to figure out how
to preserve the spacing between a short amount of body text and a footer
that always needs to be at the same relative position at the bottom of
the page.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com