Text field formatting

Michael J. Lew michaell at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 28 17:23:03 EST 2003

I am now regularly making PowerPoint presentations from within
Revolution with all of the bells-and-whistles :-)

It is very straightforward, but you will need Keynote.
Simply
1. Open your PowerPoint presentation in Keynote (the current version
opens my lectures without any errors at all!).
2. Set your builds as you want them (Keynote builds are often better
than PowerPoint builds).
3. Export the file as a Quicktime movie (you will get a big file if
you [like me] choose the highest quality, but CDs are big enough so
who cares?).
4. Make a Revolution card with a big player on it.
5. Set the player's filename to the movie file and that's about it.

You can make all sorts of customisations from within Revolution, for
example I have a button that sets the backrop to black and hides the
menubar. It really is easy and reliable. Even if you don't have
Keynote I think you will find it is worth buying it to save the time
that you would otherwise waste on trying to match PowerPoint in
Revolution (voice of experience ;-) ...if you don't have an OS X Mac
then maybe it will not be as feasible.

Let me know if you want extra details.

--
Michael J. Lew