First Edited Threads Posted - Reactions?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Oct 28 03:29:30 EST 2003

On Oct 25, 2003, at 6:39 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> There appears to be something bizarre with URL translation going on
> with my server. Try omitting the period and it works fine:
>
> http://www.revolutionpros.com
>
> I'm investigating the other weirdness.
>
> Sorry for the confusion.

Dan - congrats on your book release. It's quite a tome of xtalk-ing
wisdom. And highly readable!

About the revolutionpros.com site. It appears there is a different DNS
entry for revolutionpros.com (the A record) vs. the entry for
www.revolutionpros.com (the CNAME)

Here is some dig output:

www.revolutionpros.com. 1800    IN      CNAME   www.altuit.com.
www.altuit.com.         600     IN      A       65.167.160.85
(says www.revolutionpros.com is an alias for www.altuit.com)

revolutionpros.com.     1720    IN      A       216.168.60.84
(says revolutionpros.com has a different IP address than
www.revolutionpros.com)

Also one has name service by easydns.com and another has name service
by name-services.com. It's kind of unusual to have two different DNS
hosts for one domain. Kinda weird! Anyways- hope this helps.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>