Windows sound and music--help!

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Oct 27 02:02:14 EST 2003

Hi Chipp,

> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:05:17 -0600
> From: "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com>
> Subject: RE: Windows sound and music--help!
>
> Ken,
>
> I purchased two AT&T voice fonts when they first came out. A developer
> special for around $150 each. I don't think the sell them anymore. I'm not
> sure what AT&T wants to do with them...but, they are great. Most agree they
> have the best voices overall.
----------
Me too, but I couldn't tell any difference between how they sound on a
Compaq under XP or a Mac. To me the demos sound the same on either platform.
I was saying I believe the quality has to do with the AT&T TTS engine, not
the platform.
----------
> Good point about how difficult it is to work within the system. I believe
> there are also some other voice fonts available for the PC, but I quit
> keeping up with it since RR quit working with them.
I know. I sure hope they can patch revSpeak for XP somehow. It's all I have
to test on right now. Because of the loss of muscle control, my intended
users are speech impaired. Their other possibilities of controlling the
computer is where I come in with custom combinations of software techniques
and controllers. I can't be running back and forth to the convalescent
center to test on their machines.

Ken N.