Panther problems

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sat Oct 25 21:28:16 EDT 2003

Allo There,

I'm not sure this is a bug ! This kind of thing happen under Linux too.
I don't have Panther installed for yet but it seems it could be an new
unix compliance feature of Panther, where the files have to be
associated with apps trough "mime" types links.

Le dim 26/10/2003 à 02:56, Alex Rice a écrit :
> On Oct 25, 2003, at 5:28 PM, Lee Perham wrote:
>
> > Panther has an odd effect on Rev.  Rev 2.1.1 resides in my
> > applications folder. However, if I click open an application, rather
> > than opening Rev 2.1.1 it goes out and finds an old Rev 2.0 to open
> > itself. Even if Rev 2.1.1 is open, the application starts up an old
> > Rev 2.0.  If I open Rev 2.1.1 and use the Open Stack command under the
> > File menu everything works fine.
> >
> > ~ Lee Perham
>
> Lee- yes, something strange is going on.
>
> When I have 2.1.1 running, then clicking on a .rev file WILL open the
> stack in Rev 2.1.1. But I only have Rev 2.1.1RC installed on Panther.
> (So delete your old Rev versions?)
>
> However, if Rev is NOT running, then it will not launch Rev when a file
> is double-clicked in the Finder. And I can't get .rev files to
> associate and stick with Revolution.
>
> The usual method I am aware of doesn't work:
>
> - Get Info on a .rev file.
> - Choose "Open With"
> - Select Revolution
> - Click "Change All..."
> - Get Info reverts back to the non-Revolution binding! (in this case
> it's "FacilityCalculator")
>
> What's weird is the other bindings listed are the Revolution built
> standalones I've run recently. On my system that happens to be
> "FacilityCalculator" and "QRBuilder".
>
> A workaround, that only works for *one stack at a time*, is to
> Right-click or Cmd-click on the file in the Finder. Choose "open with".
> Select Revolution. Check "always open with". Now that file will stay
> bound to Revolution.
>
> How can one get all .rev files to bind with Revolution?
>
> Another bug, which existed before Panther, is that in the "Open stack:"
> dialog in Revolution, a lot of stack files are greyed out. I assume
> it's using the Mac creator code and ignoring the file extension. OS X
> launch services supports both Mac creator codes and file extension
> types, so this can and should be fixed.
>
> Does bugzilla items need to be opened for this stuff?
>

> Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
> <http://mindlube.com>
>
> what a waste of thumbs that are opposable
> to make machines that are disposable  -Ani DiFranco

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:   +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:   +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:   +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de rentabilité"