. Re: cross-stack globals, also, file inclusion

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Oct 25 18:28:37 EDT 2003

On Saturday, October 25, 2003, at 04:02 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

>> ...and notice, I didn't even ask you to address the issue of passing
>> a pointer as an argument.   :{`)
>
> That should fall out in the above scheme.

I clicked the wrong something in the middle of writing this and the
above was sent prematurely.

The argument might look like this:

   <pointer>  <unsigned32> 7 </unsigned32> </pointer>

Boxes may be faster.  However, I think nested arrays (bugzilla
enhancement # 555) might be faster than that.  Perhaps some sort of
simple binary structure can compete in this.  Maybe some sort of
standard IDL has an instance variation that can compete in this.

And... As I was trying to say.  Maybe some lines, items and words can
provide the structure needed to represent this kind of thing.

I would tend to put work into a library stack and keep the external
simple, but there might be some advantage to shifting work to the
external when things look right.

Dar Scott