OS X 'do applescript' consistently launches Classic (was newbie questions)

Ian Wood ian at azurevision.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 05:06:13 EDT 2003

I've sorted out my other problems, but this one is still happening:

In text field "applescript"-
tell application "QuickTime Player"
	activate

	blah blah bits of applescript code

end tell

In a button-
on mouseUp
	put text of field "applescript" into theScript
	do theScript as AppleScript
end mouseUp

If QT is open then it works fine, if QT is not open then Classic
launches and the OS 9 version of QT opens.

This has the same effect with all Apple apps with the same name in X
and 9, such as QT, iMovie, Disk Copy, iTunes.  If the app is not
already open in X then the Classic environment launches.

It does NOT have the same effect for non-Apple apps such as Internet
Explorer or Stuffit Expander.

???

Tested with Rev 1.1.1 on OS X 10.2.1 & Rev 2.1 trial on 10.2.6.

Any help with this would be great, it's getting really annoying!

Ian Wood
Panoramic photography, from web to billboard, sunrise to moonrise
http://www.azurevision.co.uk