Rev2.1 Bug on a Dell Inspiron and some Dell Desktops - bugzilla #794

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Sat Oct 18 12:29:38 EDT 2003

Kurt,

Agreed. I hope my post didn't come across as "scolding". It was simply
a warning about the problem and how to avoid it (either stay with 2.0.3
or don't deploy on a Dell). I've got schools full of Dells so I'm back
to using v2.0.3 until another revision beyond 2.1.1 is out...and its
"read me" says that they've addressed the problem.)

As for the QT problems: I've seen some PCs that have had their QT
settings overridden by the Windoze media settings. In some of these
cases, returning the QT settings to play most everything it can (rather
than WMP) seems to fix it. I've reinstalled QT in the other misbehaving
PCs and most of those now play QT media in my stacks properly. I am
thinking that the Windoze media settings "hijack" QuickTime in some
manner. Of course, this is just an educated guess and YMMV.

Regards,
Barry