Saving to a Stack

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Oct 18 09:49:45 EDT 2003

>Standalones on OS X ARE folders in disguise

Greg, Klaus, et al:

For this reason, as well as the Distribution Builder's apparent
inability to place non-stack files & folders in distribution folders,
I find it easier to:

* manually build a distribution folder containing all files & stacks
except the standalone

* designate NO files (except Rev Libraries) other than the standalone
source stack and No folders to the Distribution Builder

* drag the completed standalone to my distribution folder once its built.

Another approach to this particular OS X "feature" is to have the
standalone search multiple paths for the stacks & other files it
needs.  Eg: On Mac OS X platforms, my file search handler looks in
both the folder containing the "application bundle" and the folder in
the app bundle that contains the actual standalone.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company