Deleting lines in a field...

FMoyer at aol.com FMoyer at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 18:29:27 EDT 2003

>Message: 5
>Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:48:04 -0700
>From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
>Subject: Re: Deleting lines in a field...
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>FMoyer at aol.com wrote:
>
>> I am confused by everyone's responses. I am experiencing the same thing
>as
>> John. But that is the way it has always been -- in Hypercard, in Metacard
>and
>> in
>> all versions I've used of Revolution. If you have 10 lines in fld "test"
>and
>> type
>> delete line 3 of fld "test"
>> you still have 10 lines; the only difference is that line 3 is blank.
>
>That's not how it works in HyperCard, Rev, or any of the xTalks as far
>as I
>can recall.  After being mystified by this thread I double-checked both
>Rev
>and HyperCard.
>
>To get the blank line you'd use:
>
>  put empty into line 3 of fld "test"

Wow! I learn something new everyday! I misread John's email. I honestly
didn't know you could just type
    delete line 3 of fld "test"
and get rid of the whole line and the carriage return. Besides feeling
stupid, I'm overjoyed that I don't have to go to such ridiculous lengths to delete a
line and keep textstyles intact.