No subject

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 14:56:02 EDT 2003

Pierre wrote:
> I'm trying to call a function which is defined in a
> card, from another card of the same stack. I've
> been tryinng with the "get" and "call" keyword but
> each time, revolution tells me "can't find handler".
> Does anyone can give me the right syntax to call a
> function ?
> Do I need to define this function as a "global
> function" (if it is possible ...) ?

Bonjour Pierre,

Have a look at the entry for 'value' in the Transcript
Dictionary : in RunRev it ahs a second parmeter, which
allows you to set the object in which context to
evaluate the expression.

Example :

-- script for field "snafu"
function foobar pTimes
  repeat pTimes
    put "foobar" after tResult
  end repeat
  return tResult
end foobar

-- now call that function from the message box
answer value("foobar(4)", fld "snafu")

-- and you should see "foobarfoobarfoobarfoobar"

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====