errorDialog - how reliable?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 8 23:47:01 EDT 2003

If anyone else is developing with exception handling (using the "throw"
control structure) I will save you some serious grief- but maybe this
is already common knowledge? Maybe a new bug in 2.1.1? errorDialog
messages vanish if you are in the IDE in Script Debug Mode.
Consequently if you are stepping through a script in the debugger, and
an exception is thrown then a) the debugging session stops and b) the
exception vanishes without a trace.

(bugzilla #780)

Can someone assuage my concerns there could be situations like this in
the Rev engine for standalones- where errorDialog messages can vanish
without a trace? I want my thrown exceptions to MAKE SOME NOISE.
Without fail. I see the lockErrorDialogs property and it is set to
false.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com