JDBC instead of ODBC

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sat Oct 4 14:53:00 EDT 2003

Allo Friends,

Under, at least, Linux, Java is between 200% and 600% slower than the RR
2.1 engine is. Use, at least the shell() + pipe option if you are not
really aware (alike me, for yet) with the RevDB lib. I used it for years
in production state critical apps (80% of writes, up to 250
connections/second) with never a problem (Athlon 800, 1Go RAM,
Suse-Linux 8.2 Pro, Apache, PHP, Revolution 2.1, PostgreSQL 7.3.3).

Le sam 04/10/2003 à 20:26, Alex Rice a écrit :
> On Saturday, October 4, 2003, at 11:49  AM, Todd Geist wrote:
>
> > But what about all those database engines that can use JDBC?
> >
> > I know some of them are already supported by Rev but wouldn't it be
> > nice to
> > have a single method to connect to all those databases that didn't
> > require
> > setting up and configuring ODBC?
>
> But JDBC is for JAVA apps/applets. Java programmers we are not. Maybe I
> am missing your point.
>

> Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com
>
> what a waste of thumbs that are opposable
> to make machines that are disposable  -Ani DiFranco

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:   +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:   +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:   +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de rentabilité"