QuickTime, text fields, closed captioning

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at princeton.edu
Wed Oct 1 13:39:03 EDT 2003

Is it possible to have a transparent text field on top of a quicktime
movie, the way we can put a text field layer over an image?  if not --
is there any way in revolution to fake closed captioning?  (i know i
can do this in, say, LiveStage Pro, but I want to implement closed
captioning in such a way that the user can stop the movie at any frame,
and click on any words in the subtitle -- which Revolution should then
take care of, translate etc...

Is this absolutely hopeless?

All best,
Toma