Networking Mac/PC Windows XP

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Nov 25 16:35:52 EST 2003

On Tuesday, November 25, 2003, at 12:57 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

> I want to network these two machines, with only one online dialup
> connection, i.e., networked to where one can serve the internet to the
> other.

I think the XP can route between a dialup internet connection and the
Ethernet LAN, but Mac 9.2 cannot without third-party software.  You
should seek confirmation on this.  Since I got DSL all of that info
fell out the back of my head.

An alternative would be to get a phone line spliter (party-line, not
two-line) and connect both modems and dial only one at a time.

Dar Scott