mono sounds to left and right sound channel

Jason Spencer jps2 at ualberta.ca
Tue Nov 25 16:35:45 EST 2003

On Nov 25, 2003, at 1:51 PM, Axel Buchner wrote:

> No, I want people to listen to one of two different sounds, one played
> at the left and one at the right ear, and to react quickly to the
> sound they attend to while they try not to be too distracted by the
> other sound. The sounds would be clearly distinguishable sounds such
> as animal and instrument sounds. They don't fuse.
>
> I work at a university, and this is needed for some of our experiments
> on human auditory attention.

Ahh, I was right.

I just tried this...

You could record a left-balanced and right-balanced version of each
sound file in a sound program and then save them in a format that
QuickTime understands (like MP3). You can then preLoad and play them as
videoClips. I threw in some mp3 tracks and it seemed to work, but I
didn't test carefully for any lag anything.

-j.