Issues with Pop-up Button on Windows

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Nov 21 22:26:35 EST 2003

I am having a problem with Windows standalones with selections from a
hidden pop up button. In my "go" menu button we have this:

  case "Table of Contents"
     popup btn "Table of Contents" at 10,8
     break

the "Table of Contents" button (which I have set as invisible) pops up
nicely in the upper left hand corner of the card window with a list of
"chapters" in this slide show presentation.

The script of the Table of contents button simply pokes an integer into
a global and then kicks in the slide show handler like this:

global gNowShowing
on menuPick pItemChosen
   put the last word of item 1 of pItemChosen into tGoTo
       ## this is just a simple integer from 1 to 31
   put tGoTo*5-4 into gNowShowing
   hideTitleScreen
   runOneShow
end menuPick

now, when we build stand alones, the Mac one works, but the Windows one
doesn't. The popup menu pops up with the list of chapters 1 to 31, the
user can click down on any one of them, the list then disappears, but
there is no menupick message sent at all. The popup menu simply
disappears.

Is it because I have the popped up button hidden?  But it does work on
OSX.

Meanwhile I will try setting visible to true and just make it
transparent with no border or name... maybe that will work.

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org