QT Players in grps

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Wed Nov 19 09:35:21 EST 2003

Hi Greg,

I am not an expert but here is what I think is happening.

A grp that has been assigned a Quicktime file but is not currently
running the file is probably able to scroll in the window as expected.
Certainly a player that is a component of a grp that has not been
assigned a QT file should be able to do this without problems. But what
good is that ?

I think what is going on is that the player is handing off the playing
of the movie to QT and it appears that quicktime plays the movie
outside of Revolution per se. So when you scroll the group the movie
scrolls but because the movie is actually playing in QT you get the
unexpected behavior you are observing.

If all the assumptions above are true then the problem only occurs when
you scroll a QT movie upward when it is running.  Doing this is an
error so you might want to attempt to stop the movie if the scroll
approaches a certain level.  Doing this would shutdown QT and your
movie should then scroll upward normally.

This is just a guess.  So if someone with a bit more technical
understanding could chime in it would be nice.

Regards

Steve

On Wednesday, November 19, 2003, at 02:40 AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> I have created a group called "View" which contains multiple Groups
> called "Result Group 1", Result Group 2 etc.  Each Result Group has a
> QT player in it.  When I scroll through the "View" group all of the
> Result group elements disappear off the top of the screen just fine.
> The QT player does not though.  It remains visible and keeps moving up
> the screen past the boundaries of the "View" group.  This seems like a
> bug.  Any suggestions for a way around it?
>
> Greg DeVore

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South
Escanaba, MI 49829
www.messimercomputing.com
--
Build Computer-Based Training modules FAST with preceptorTools™ --
version 1.0 available Now!