drawing tools

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 16:51:33 EST 2003

--- Al Rudnitsky <arudnits at email.smith.edu> wrote:
> Wondering if there is a way to enable users to use
> drawing tools.

> Al Rudnitsky

Hi Al,

Indeed you can, have a look at the Transcript
Dictionary entries for the 'choose' command.
Example for creating a line :
  reset the templateGraphic
  set the style of the templateGraphic to "line"
  choose graphic tool

The one downside is that these tools know no
boundaries : the user can draw through other items and
even off-screen. But if you can live with that
limitation, knock yourself out :-)

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====